You pass by a hundred people you know every day. Neighbors, co-workers and friends, they all may be suffering from anxiety without anyone knowing. It is our duty to help each other get through it. Lucky for us, natural remedies for anxiety can be found in our homes. All one needs to do is recognize they need help and start from there.
There are multiple natural remedies for anxiety and they aren’t very expensive either. Simple lifestyle changes will show drastic improvements, but consistency is the key.
Here are a few natural remedies for anxiety:
- Include 3 cups of chamomile tea in your daily intake.
- Green tea is another great source to relieve stress. Consume as many cups a day as you can.
- Get a massage with lavender oil. It is surprisingly soothing and will calm your nerves.
- The sun can do wonders. Take a walk under the sun every day for 15 minutes. It is also the best source for vitamin D, better than any supplements you will find.
- Stay fit. Make exercise a part of your daily routine. You will also worry less about your health (because there will be less to worry about in all honesty). Also, you don’t need to spend an hour a day with a physical trainer. According to research, it takes only 21 minutes of exercise to alleviate anxiety.
- Anxiety or no anxiety issues, a hot bath is something we all love. Get into a hot bath with Epsom salts and feel the anxiety drain away.
- Caffeine is known to be a source of anxiety. If you can’t function without your 5 cups a day of coffee, then I have bad news. You anxiety is here to stay. Try reducing a couple of cups and you will feel the difference despite your aversion.
- Other than caffeine, alcohol and added sugars are also linked to an increase in anxiety. I am not asking you to ban these from your lifestyle altogether. Just try decreasing the intake and when you notice the difference, you will want to cut these out and you will do so happily.
- Include lots of greens in your diet.
- NEVER skip breakfast.
- Surround yourself with positive people, because positivism is something we all need.
These are just a few ways to help yourself with ingredients you will find at home and things that you can easily incorporate into your daily schedule. If you notice, it is nothing extraordinary. It is simply a few ways of a healthy lifestyle.